Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Best Things: T-Shirts

I love wearing t-shirts! I have two closets and a chest of drawers full of mostly t-shirts. There are sports t-shirts, Curtis t-shirts, souvenir t-shirts from places we've visited, attitude t-shirts that caught my eye, holiday t-shirts, and so on. I have always loved t-shirts and have worn them as long as I can remember. One of my favorite sets of pictures from childhood is Steve and I wearing the same K-State t-shirt a couple of years apart.

As I got larger, I had to wear bigger sizes of t-shirts, moving from XL to 2XL to finally 3XL. It's harder to find t-shirts in 3XL unless you are ordering them online and you always have to pay extra for them if you can find them. When we went to K-State football and basketball games, I would look in the Cats Closet for t-shirts and inevitably would find something I liked and have to go home and look online to see if it was available in my size. Rarely was I able to find something that I liked in my size. I tried to convince myself that it was better that way because then I didn't have to carry a bag around during the game.

I'm now down to an XL size and those are available everywhere! I went to a conference in Vegas and found several t-shirts that I liked and was able to buy them there because they were in my size. When we went to a K-State football game this year, I found a cute Willie shirt that was in my size so I bought it...and carrying a bag around really wasn't that big of a deal! :)

Here's the coolest part and I just discovered it this weekend. At the Wings game Friday night, they were giving away Wings t-shirts to the first 1000 people to be at the game. Vince and I were among the first 1000 and so we stopped at the table to pick up our shirts. All the shirts they were giving away were larges, which reminded me of previous times, but I picked one up anyway. When we got to our seats, I thought what the heck and pulled it on over my long sleeved shirt I had worn to the game. IT FIT!!!! I was wearing a L t-shirt at the game and it wasn't too small!!! During one of the t-shirt tosses during the game, I caught one of them and it was a large as well. I just wore it this morning to work out!!! I can wear a large t-shirt!!! I'm still more comfortable in a XL, but it made me ecstatic to see that I CAN wear a large t-shirt!! It's amazing what a boost something silly like that is! It gave me an extra push and made me see even more clearly that I'm making serious changes in my body size! What a powerful feeling!!

So this is another reason that I am definitely continuing on my journey!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Not having an "X" in your size is SO exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete