Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Best Things: Oversized Sweaters and Sweatshirts

Okay, so I know I spent an earlier blog extolling the virtues of being able to wear smaller t-shirts. This blog does not take aways from that one. I still love being able to wear smaller t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters...heck any kind of clothing that I can wear in smaller sizes.

However, there is something wonderful about oversized sweatshirts and sweaters. I have always loved wearing big sweatshirts and sweaters and for a while was not really able to find them. I would had to pay a whole lot of extra money to have oversized clothing, if I had been able to find them. I settled for sweaters that weren't form fitting, but weren't too loose. Sweatshirts feel into the same category. In fact, finding sweatshirts in my size was no easy task. Usually the biggest sizes they had were 2XL, and those defintely weren't loose.

Now I can take all of those clothes and wear them and poof! I have oversized clothing. For example, I have one black sweater that has always been a little big...even when I was bigger. Now it is huge on me! It is guarenteed to get people to tell me to buy new clothes. But, I love wearing that sweater around the house! As I told Vince, it's like wearing my own snuggly blanket. :) I have sweatshirts that swallow me up! My Willie the Wildcat sweatshirt is gigantic and I love it. I can sit with my legs crossed and pull the sweatshirt over my knees and it covers me up! Hoodies that I haven't been able to wear comfortably are big on me now. It's awesome!

Yes, I do plan on buying a lot of new clothes that will fit me. Yes, I will buy new sweaters and sweatshirts and have asked for some for Christmas in the sizes that fit me now. But, I won't be getting rid of my old ones any time soon because I love having them around for two reasons. One, I can snuggle up in them when I get chilly in the evening. Two, it really reminds me how far I have come. When you put those two reasons together, there is no better feeling then wearing a big sweatshirt on a cold night while I'm watching TV.

So yes, I'll be continuing my journey, sometimes in oversized clothes because I like the way it makes me feel. :)

1 comment:

  1. lol...love it! I can just picture you sitting on the couch with a sweatshirt pulled over your crossed legs. :)

    ReplyDelete