Tuesday, February 26, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 6: My Astrological Sign

Astrology has never really been my thing. I know my sign and occasionally will read my horoscope, but it's not something I'm really that concerns me. I know a little about Capricorns and have always sort of thought that my sign fit me. I know that "goats" are usually stubborn and that definitely describes me. My husband wrote his blog before me so I'm going to use the same site he did for the description of my sign.  I'm also going to follow his lead and respond to each description of my sign instead of trying to respond to the whole description.

Capricorn is a feet-on-the-ground, eye-on-the-prize sign. They have a realistic, grounded approach to life that can be seen no matter how dreamy the rest of the birth chart suggests. These people know how to do things, and to get things done.

I would say that I am a realistic person, who is generally very grounded. I just don't know that I would say that I am eye-on-the-prize. It really depends on what "the prize" is. I'm not ambitious, but when I decide that I'm going to do something, very little will derail me.
                   
Some Capricorns naturally turn their backs on things they deem too frivolous. They are very much concerned with things that are worthwhile—and that includes their own lives. Capricorns want to do and be something worthwhile. They need to feel useful and effective in the real world in order to be satisfied with their lives. But the Capricorn spin on the earth signs is that Capricorn possesses a stronger need for recognition in a worldly sense. They have a strong sense of society and its framework, and they feel most secure when they feel they are doing their part within that framework.

There are parts of this that couldn't be less true. I'm all about the frivolous. I love silly little things that make life fun. I fret over the smallest of details when it comes to big projects. However, I like feeling useful. Like most people, I am at my worst when I feel useless. I want to be able to do things, even if I don't choose to do everything that I can. I'm also not a rebel. I do my part to fit within the framework of society and am happy with that. When things are too unstructured, I become uncomfortable.
                   
Capricorns like to pare things down, and take pleasure in the simple things in life. However, many are attracted to status symbols and these ones will wear the best clothes (tasteful ones!) and drive quietly impressive cars.

I do like the simple things in life. I'm honestly not that complicated. However, status symbols do nothing for me. My clothes, car, house, etc. are not the best, but they are perfect for me and generally pretty simple.
                  
Comparing Capricorns to their symbol, the goat, brings up some interesting analogies. Capricorns can see into the future, and plan for it. They don't mind taking things slowly, but they absolutely aim to get to the top of the mountain in life! They make their way steadily and sure-footedly; and their strength and singleness of purpose are admirable.

This part makes it sound like I'm psychic, which I think would be really cool! :) However, this is pretty accurate. I'm a planner and will almost always have a plan for what needs to happen and how to get there. I don't know that I aim to get to the top of the mountain, but I suppose that depends on what the top of the mountain is.
                  
Capricorns can sometimes be rather lonely people, although they rarely let it show. They are often a little reserved—even standoffish. This is generally because they value all things practical, and they'll seldom wear their emotions on their sleeves, unless they have a particularly flamboyant Moon sign. 

I must have a "particularly flamboyant Moon sign," because I do show my emotions more than I would like to. However, I am very reserved and that can be seen as being standoffish, though I would never describe myself that way. I don't think it has to do with being practical. I don't get close to a lot of people, but if we do get close, you will most assuredly know that I'm an emotional person.
                   
This is a sign that is surely the most resourceful of the zodiac. To some, Capricorns come across as unimaginative, but they can be enormously creative when it comes to the material world. They are generally very capable people with a strong sense of tradition and responsibility.

Very capable...that isn't a very shining description, is it? Hehehe! I am capable and can be creative if I need to be to make something happen. Unimaginative is not a word I would use to describe myself. I'm not very creative, but I have an active and vivid imagination. Sometimes too vivid. I do have a strong sense of tradition and responsibility, but I'm not tied to tradition if it stops making sense to me.
                   
Many Capricorns have mastered the art of making people laugh. Their sense of humor can be of the deadpan variety—they're generally excellent at keeping a straight face. They can be bitingly sarcastic, too.

I'm not excellent at keeping a straight face. I smile all the time and love to laugh at things, especially things that other people don't find funny. My husband says that I make him laugh more than anyone else, but he has to live with my strangeness all the time so his odds are higher for being amused by me. I tend to be sarcastic, sometimes bitingly so, but I don't know that it makes me funny. I wouldn't say that I can make people laugh, but I can almost always make myself laugh! :)
                  
Capricorns are not known for taking too many risks in life. They value the beaten track and things "tried and true". This is not to say they are stick-in-the-muds — they simply value the hard work laid down by those who've been around before them. 

Not taking risks...yeah, that describes me. I'd probably even say that I'm a stick-in-the-mud. I'm not a spontaneous person and don't usually go outside of the box. I'm more of a traditionalist, for better or for worse.                   

Turn to your Capricorn friends for help when you need to really get things done. They'll have practical advice, and they'll help you organize and manage your life a little better. Capricorns are generally good with their "word", dependable, and rather loyal people.

This is the section that best describes me. I am loyal to a fault and do my best to be dependable. It matters to me to do what I say I'm going to do. I'm hardest on myself when I say I'm going to do something and fail to do it. I don't know that I have practical advice, but I'm always here to help if a friend needs me and will do my best to help figure out a solution.

Basically, I would say that the Capricorn description isn't too far off in describing me. The funniest part for me is that as I looked at all of the signs, there was a part of each sign that described me. I don't know if that is normal or not. Maybe I'm just so unique that I can't be contained by one sign. Maybe I'm all signs...hmmm...I'm every sign, it's all in me (sung to the tune of I'm Every Woman). Hehehehe! I crack myself up!!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment