Friday, March 15, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 8: A Moment I Felt Most Satisfied with my Life

Okay, so I have kind of blown doing this challenge in 30 days. Things got in the way, but I'm still dedicated to doing it.

So a moment when I felt most satisfied with my life. This seems like it should be easy to write. I think the challenge for me is picking a moment that I was most satisfied...not happiest...not most excited...not proudest...but most satisfied. Happiest is easy to identify: the moment that I was officially married to the perfect man for me. Proudest is easy too: the moment that I crossed the finish line in my first 5K, a feat that I didn't think I would ever accomplish. Most excited would be pretty easy too, though narrowing it down to one is challenging: I would say it was when I went to buy new jeans and discovered that I was a 16W, down from a 22W, but it was pretty close when I made it to regular sizes this week. Now that I've shared those, I need to focus on the topic of this post: a moment when I felt most satisfied with my life.

The moment when I left most satisfied with my life is very representative of my life with Vince. It would be our wedding night. Don't worry! I won't share too much information. I'll stay PG.

 I'll give a little background, not necessarily because the story needs it, but because I love to share it. :)

We got married on July 16, 2005. It was a ridiculously hot day.

The day started early with all the preparations typical with a wedding day. I know that both Vince and I were incredibly nervous and excited. We had been together as a couple for so long and now we were going to join our lives together in front of friends and family. The ceremony was gorgeous and my dress was stupendous.

After the ceremony, we took a million pictures and a short limo ride to the reception. The reception was a wonderful party with good food, great champagne, and so many important people in our lives. I have never had so much fun at a party or smiled so much!

The time flew by and before we knew it, the party was over and we were getting ready to head up to our room. We said good night to everyone and got in the elevator.

We went in the room and all I could think about was getting out of my dress and into the shower. Did I mention it was ridiculously hot? After I got out of the shower, I was exhausted and thirsty. Vince went down the hall and got me a soda, even though I know he was more tired than I was. Even at his most tired, he put me first and took care of me.

Before we went to sleep that night, we snuggled together and kissed sweetly. That was the moment I was most satisfied with my life. After years of being together and a little over a year of living together, we were married and were going to spend the rest of our lives together. I had everything I ever wanted and needed: a man who loves me more than anyone ever had before, who put my needs above his, who let me love him with all the love I had to give, who let me be myself, no matter how goofy that might be, who would love me as a grew and changed. I couldn't have been more content and pleased...completely satisfied with my life.

What a great opportunity to remember that moment. This blogging challenge has some great benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment